Cleanse your pores and hydrate your skin with a professional HydraFacial at Esthetics by Shawna.
What is a HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial (also known as hydradermabrasion) is an innovative resurfacing treatment that uses patented water technology to deep clean, exfoliate, hydrate and treat the skin without the need for lasers or harsh physical exfoliants. A HydraFacial is a completely non-invasive treatment, with zero downtime and minimal side effects. This makes it suitable for most skin types.
How does it work?
During this multi-step treatment, your clinician will use a small pen-like device to sweep away excess sebum, draw out dirt and debris from your pores and gently exfoliate dead skin cells from your epidermis. Dull, surface skin is removed to reveal the rejuvenated, fresh skin underneath. The result is revived, intensely hydrated and plumped up texture and a clearer, brighter complexion.
Different tips are attached to the device throughout each step of this gentle treatment. This allows us to personalize your HydraFacial to target your individual skin concerns. It also allows us to deliver serums containing vital antioxidants and other high-quality skincare ingredients throughout the process.
What can a HydraFacial help with?
- Oily skin/excess sebum
- Elasticity and firmness
- Uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Congestion and blocked pores
- Dry, dehydrated skin
- Uneven skin texture
- Dull, lacklustre appearance
Why choose Esthetics by Shawna for your HyrdaFacial?
The clinicians at Esthetics by Shawna are trained to perform HydraFacials on a variety of different skin types and can tailor your treatment to target your individual concerns. We use advanced HydraFacial devices with sterilised pen tips and administer only the highest quality skincare serums and products during treatment.
What can I expect from my visit?
Before booking your first HydraFacial treatment, please visit us for a one-to-one consultation. This will allow us to properly evaluate whether a HydraFacial is appropriate for you, your skin and your goals. During your consultation, you’ll chat with one of our experienced clinicians who will:
- Talk through your skin concerns, skin history and current treatment/regimen in order to gather in-depth knowledge of your main issues and priorities.
- Assess your suitability for a HydraFacial and discuss whether this is the best treatment for your skin concerns. Please note the HydraFacial may not be suitable for clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Work with you to create a tailored treatment plan that will help you achieve your skin goals. We will advise you on product selection and combination treatments if applicable.
- Explain the HydraFacial treatment and outcomes fully and answer any questions you may have so that you know exactly what to expect on the day.
- Inform you of any pre-care and aftercare instructions.
Prior to treatment
We recommend avoiding dermal fillers for two weeks prior to treatment, facial peels and chemical exfoliants for one week prior to treatment, and anti-wrinkle injections for three days prior to treatment.
A HydraFacial is a multi-step treatment. Your clinician will:
- Cleanse your skin to remove excess sebum, makeup and dead skin cells.
- Apply a mix of exfoliating ingredients to gently break up the dirt and oils that are clogging your pores.
- Extract any impurities using a targeted, vacuum-like process that gets into every pore.
- Nourish and hydrate the skin with an antioxidant-infused plumping serum to seal in and reinforce the rejuvenating effects of your HydraFacial.
Please note that we recommend a series of HydraFacial treatments every 4-6 weeks to achieve and maintain optimal results.